Totally awesome software for iPhone and OS X

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Book Club

Since I've moved my life and business over to France I've been making an effort to learn the language. So far je me débrouille bien (I get by pretty well) but, you know, it's quite humbling to be stuck at the linguistic level of perhaps a ten year old (on a good day!).

So I've decided that from this day forth, I'll only be reading fiction books in French (I'm not quite prepared to swap all my cocoa/java books over just yet...)

The first one I've decided to wrestle with is Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- mostly because it's something I've always meant to read in English and never managed to get around to it. I'm not sure wether it being a translation of an english book will help or hinder my progress, however they do note in the preface that a bad translation is just another form of book burning, so I'm remaining optimistic.

2 comments:

Rich said...

Is it called "Centigrade 232" in French?

Richy said...

No, sadly not :)

© 2007 Wired Up And Fired Up